01980 883999 | 01722 440999

Deposits & Fees

Holding Deposit

You will be required to pay a Holding Deposit to secure the Property you wish to rent. This Holding Deposit will be deducted from the Deposit due, when you take possession of the Property.

This Deposit is non-refundable if you, as the prospective Tenant, fail to proceed for any reason.

The Deposit will be refunded should the Landlord for any reason decide not to let the Property to you.

In certain circumstances, should you fail the Referencing process and were made aware of the criteria required for you to be an acceptable Tenant then the Holding Deposit may be retained as work on your behalf will have been completed and expenses incurred.


Before you take possession of your Rental Property you will be required to pay a Deposit. This is normally between 4 weeks & 6 weeks Rent but can be more. All Deposits are held within the Tenant Dispute Service (The TDS) for more information please see www.gov.uk/private-renting

The Deposit required is in addition to the first month's Rent and the Holding Deposit is deducted from the amount required with the balance being due before occupation can take place. These monies will need to be cleared funds prior to your move in date otherwise it may delay your ability to move into the Property.

Tenant Fees

The Fees chargeable to the Tenant are to cover the cost of us obtaining References, Credit searches, preparation of the Tenancy Agreement and setting up the Tenancy. Please contact us for further information and to confirm our Administration Fees.

Please note that our Administration charges are per person as we need to obtain References for each person moving on behalf of the Landlord.

For more details about our charges and conditions please see our Tenant Information Fees.

Contents Insurance

As a Tenant your own personal possessions will be at risk, from Fire, Storm, Water Damage and particularly from Theft whilst in your Rented Property. You may also suffer loss or accidental damage to your possessions whilst away from Home. Whilst in your Home you are legally responsible for your Landlord's contents should the Property you are Renting be Furnished or Part Furnished.

You should consider taking out Contents Insurance to cover your belongings.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Latest Tweet

Contact Info

Hardings Lettings,
25 High Street,

Telephone: 01722 440999
Telephone: 01980 883999
Email: info@hardingsestates.co.uk